Dominic Russell is Historytalker a professional historian working in schools across the UK. My main interest is Victorians but I keep unto date with developments in Pre-history and the subjects on the National Curriculum.
I have a special interest in encouraging people to research and develop their own histories. As I was saying to one of my clients I might wince at the Vikings series or the Sparticus but I understand that this is a way for people to get into history and might be the start of their journey into a deep and abiding love of the discipline.
During my finals at university I was diagnosed with Dyslexia which had been a invisible challenge that had always thwarted me. As I have grown older and come to be more at peace with myself I have recognised that other people are challenged in the same way but are not blessed with supportive universities. To this end I have an interest in campaigning for dyslexics and developing ways for dyslexics to engage with and develop their interest in history.
When I am not doing history I enjoy being a parent, husband and cat herder.
A few words on policies.
This is obviously my work so I will be trying to make money from this platform. I will always be upfront, transparent and honest with you.
- There is advertising on this site which will generate me an income.
- If I review a book or product there will be an amazon link from which I might earn commission.
- If I sell anything it will be through eBay to ensure that all taxes are paid and commission earned appropriately. Historytalker will also donate to a dyslexia charity via eBay.
- If you would like to support my work you can do so via patron. Please do because it really helps.
- If you support me by buying books from my Amazon wish list I will thank you in the review and link to a business or charity of your choice. My only proviso is that that business or charity be in line with my values.
- If I review a book, product or service it will be because I have bought it. If its a gift with a request for a review this will be clearly stated in the text.
- I like to catch people doing well and doing the right thing. If I do not enjoy a product, service or book I will return it and not produce either a bad review or a dishonest review.